Monday 21 November 2011

The summer before college

174. If money and family obligations left you entirely free, how and where would you spend the summer before college?
Pressure always comes from either money issues or family obligations. These two things are part of our lives even if you got away from it, somehow they will return. However, I would be nice to escape from these two things even for just a day or two.  Summer would be great without obligations. It would a blast. Therefore, if that time ever comes around where no money or obligation issues were to hold me back, I would love to spend the summer with my friends in their home country.
Summer or anytime of the year cannot be as fun without my closest friends. I can just hang around and talk all day with them without getting bored. I am trying to go to both of their countries, however, my persuasive skills towards my mother is not enough to get me where I wanted. Another plan that I would want to do over the summer is to learn speaking Persian, enough for communicating, and go to Iran where my father was originally from. I really want to meet my father’s side of the family, especially my grandparents. The last first and last time I saw them was eleven years ago. Right now I have no idea of how they are, are they sick, sad, or just enjoying life. I have no idea. Even if time has passed by. Even though the time I spent with them was just two weeks, I grew attached to them. I felt special. I wish all of these things would be accomplished before I go to college. I know that none of these can be done within just a summer before college. It might take even more than a year,  but I will keep trying and trying and I will not stop until I achieve it. 

1 comment:

  1. A very good way to spend a summer. However, you should try to be more specific. Instead of saying, "I would love to spend the summer with my friends in their home country," you should list the actual countries, and maybe write what you know about them.

    ReplyDelete