Thursday 3 November 2011

Challenge 2: Running



#135 find x (U of Chicago)

'X', the 24th letter in the English language, is what mathematicians use for the unknown variables. But what 'X' really is? Is 'X' a person, animal, plants, or any kind of living things at all? I'm a junior in High School and i still do not know what 'X' really is. Sometimes, I feel like I just need to unblock one more factor, one more layer to get to 'X' but 'X' is still a mystery. It is impossible, at least for right now, to know everything that 'X' may holds. Sometimes, I even get tired of running after 'X' just because I want to solve it and be done with it. 'X' keeps running away from me farther and farther. However, when 'X' gets too far, it stops and stands, waiting for me to catch up and giving me hope that I might actually reach it. Then, when i am close by, it starts running again.

Many times in my life i feel hopeless and tried, which then usually result in me giving up. I even stop running after it. I could not take it any longer and reach my limits. So I stop caring and trying to find 'X'. I often thought, “I’m gonna die one day, I might as well leave it and do something else; not wasting my time.” Even with those thoughts I can never give it up. I have to find ‘X’. I wish that ‘X’ would just run after me instead so I can just find out  already.

Today, I find my self still running hopelessly after ‘X’, but this time I am not going to give up. I will find out what it is, even if it takes one more week, three more years, or even my whole life. All I know is that ‘X’ is all I can ever ask for. ‘X’ is my life and future. And I am running after it, finding out little by little about my life and where it is leading me into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment